27 ago. 2013

13 ago. 2013

An owl! Hoo hoo!!




I wanted to sew something beautiful these days… And I got the inspiration from Cristina (“No paris de cosir” and “Defilsicolors”), with her two owls: here and here. 

~~&~~

Estos días quería coser algo bonito… Y encontré la inspiración en Cristina (“No paris de cosir” y “Defilsicolors”), y sus dos buhitos: aquí y aquí.


Mine is about 30 cm (~12 inches) and has feet. 

El mío hace unos 30 cm y tiene patas.


Besides, Dawn from “Mi rincón de mariposas” challenged us to make a project to get rid of our scraps. So, this owl is perfect for that!

I used basically some scraps my mother-in-law gave me recently (one day I can show you what she did with the fabric), and some ribbon and felt scraps. 

~~&~~

Además, Dawn de “Mi rincón de mariposas” nos retó a hacer alguna cosa con retalitos, y este búho ¡es perfecto para esto!

Basicamente he usado retales que me pasó mi suegri (un día puedo enseñar lo que hizo con la tela), y algunos restos de cinta y de fieltro.




Other projects that are perfect to work with tiny pieces of fabric are my tag ball and the dolls.


~~&~~

Otros proyectos que son perfectos para trabajar con retales son la pelota de etiquetas y las muñecas que pierden la cabeza.


This owl flies toEste búho se va volando a:

6 ago. 2013

Apples…



This was another one of the fabric pieces I bought the last time at the market (working hard on my stash, eh?). It’s a viscose (rayon) with a lovely apple print.

This time I wanted to make a shirt for me, so I grabbed a shirt I already own and I drew the pattern.

Most of the remnants at the market have a seam in the middle (from the industrial process) that forces you to be more creative. I was able to cut the back part of the shirt in one piece, but not the front one (actually, I thought I would need to cut 4 pieces, when I bought it).

Thereby the shirt has a nice faux button stand…

I also finished the neckline and the sleeves with some bias tape.

~~&~~ 

Esta era otra de las telas que compré la última vez en el mercado (estoy trabajando duro en mi alijo, ¿eh?). Es una viscosa con un estampado que me gustó mucho al verlo.

Esta vez quería hacerme una camiseta para mí, así que cogí una que ya tenía y dibujé el patrón.

La mayoría de los retales del mercado tienen una costura en el medio (por el proceso industrial), que te obligan a ser más creativo de lo normal. Pude cortar la espalda de una pieza, pero no la parte de delante (en realidad, pensé que tendría que hacerla en 4 piezas cuando compré la tela).

Es por esto que la camisa tiene una falsa botonera delante…

También acabé el cuello y las mangas con biés. 



Sorry about the creases, I swear I had ironed it (before putting it in the suitcase)…

As you can see, I had some issues with the sleeves. I did the shoulder part too narrow and the stitch I chose isn’t soft at all… 

If I ever solve the sleeve problem and I feel like it, I could maybe share the pattern and make a tutorial, but I know it’s not that spectacular the shirt.

~~&~~ 

Perdón por las arrugas, juro que la planché (antes de meterla en la maleta)…

Como podéis ver, he tenido problemas con las mangas. Hice los hombros demasiado estrechos y además la puntada que escogí queda demasiado tiesa.
 
Si algún día soluciono lo de las mangas y tengo ganas, quizá comparta el patrón y haga un tutorial, pero ya sé que la camisa tampoco es que sea espectacular.




Time to visitHora de visitar:
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.