14 feb 2013

Valentina



This is Valentina, a 84 cm. giraffe I did some time ago. You must know I have a little collection of them, but Valentina is the only one handmade.


A few years ago, my hubby gave me a fantastic book for my birthday: “Die Arche Noah – nähen, quilten, applizieren” of Anne-Pia Godske Rasmussen. Two fabric pieces came with the present together… He wanted me to sew my own giraffe!

~~&~~

Os presento a Valentina, una jirafa de 84 cm. que hice hace un tiempo. Deberíais saber que tengo una colección de jirafas de tela y peluche, aunque Valentina es la única hecha a mano.
 
Hace un par de años, mi ahora marido me regaló un libro genial por mi cumpleaños: “Die Arche Noah – nähen, quilten, applizieren” de Anne-Pia Godske Rasmussen. En el mismo paquete había dos retales… ¡Quería que cosiera mi propia jirafa!



I didn’t find the time to sew it, so I ended up starting the project nearly a year after, in February. That’s when I thought the giraffe could be a nice surprise for Valentine’s Day, even though we don’t really celebrate it that big here. And so it was, and it was named Valentina!


~~&~~
 
Primero no encontré el momento de coserla, así que acabé empezando el proyecto casi un año después, en febrero. Fue entonces cuando pensé que la jirafa podría ser una buena sorpresa para el día de San Valentín, aunque aquí apenas lo celebremos. Y así fue, y se llamó Valentina.



I varied it slightly from the instructions. For example, the arms were supposed to have knots as elbows, like the knees, but I didn’t do it that way. Moreover,  the legs and arms should be attached to the body with buttons, but for the legs I used snap fasteners instead (I like how they move this way!). And Valentina’s arms don’t move, they are directly sewn to the body.


~~&~~
 
La hice ligeramente distinta del modelo. Por ejemplo: los brazos también tenían que tener nudos a la altura de los codos, y no lo hice así. Además, tanto las piernas como los brazos tenían que ir unidos al cuerpo por un botón, pero yo usé automáticos en las piernas (¡me encanta como se le mueven gracias a ello!). Y sus brazos no se mueven, van cosidos directamente al cuerpo.


















For the swimsuit I recycled a pair of old pajama trousers that I kept, because the fabric looks so nice. I used the trousers hem to thread some yarn through it and finished it tying a simple bow. 

~~&~~

Para el bañador, reciclé unos pantalones de pijama con un estampado muy chulo. Usé el dobladillo de los pantalones para pasarle un hilo de petit point y le hice un lazo.



Do you have some other giraffe patterns, so that I can make a friend for Valentina? Happy Valentine’s Day!!

~~&~~

¿Teneis algún patrón para que pueda hacerle un amigo a Valentina? ¡¡Feliz día de San Valentín!!

3 comentarios:

Schreib mir auf DEUTSCH! - Escriu-me en CATALÀ! - Escríbeme en ESPAÑOL! - Write in ENGLISH!

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.